Re: gcc -msoft-float [Was: Linux 2.6.0-test7 - stability freeze]

From: Thomas Winischhofer
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 08:28:10 EST

Meelis Roos wrote:
TW> This is a framebuffer driver and like all fbdev-related stuff it is TW> properly maintained in the fbdev-tree, waiting to merged into mainline.

Since James seems busy, someone should step up, split these changes into
patches, test (or let people test) them separately and submit to kernel.
Of course in coordination with James, he knows hat should be stable and
what not. I would take this myself by have not enough time.

That sounds a little like "Linus is busy, let someone else quickly hop in"... :)

The fbdev tree is quite well tested AFAIK, and I am sure James will respond soon. He can't be too busy, as he was working on the tree yesterday.

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria