Re: 2.7 thoughts: common well-architected object model

From: asdfd esadd
Date: Sat Oct 11 2003 - 11:07:03 EST

the other OS has an at this stage highly consistent
object model user along the lines of COM+ from the
kernel up encompassing a single event, thread etc.
model. Things are quite consistently wrapped, user
mode exposed if needed etc. If people were to fully
draw on it and the simpler .net BCL and not ride win32
that would (will be) a killer.

So let me restate the need:

* a unified well architected core component model
which is extensible from OS services to application
objects

* the object model should be defined from the kernel
layer for process/events/devices etc. up and not
started at the application layer