2.6.0 mouse events across suspend-to-disk

From: Josh Litherland
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 08:31:39 EST

This is probably an XFree bug, but it's only triggered by
suspend-to-disk so I thought I'd at least mention it. I have my X11
configured to read core pointer events from /dev/input/mice and
/dev/psaux. Since the PS/2 mouse now feeds the input layer, it's
reasonable to suspect that I might be getting some redundancy of events
when I migrate this config to 2.6. However, XFree seemed to be able to
pick this out at startup time and would correctly see the two dev nodes
as the same mouse, registering each event only once. After resuming
from suspend-to-disk, however, all mouse events would occur twice.
Shutting down and restarting X corrected this, chvt'ing out and back in
did not correct it. The 'correct' fix seems to be making X only watch
/dev/input/mice for events.

FWIW, the laptop is a Toshiba Portege 3490CT, and I noted this behaviour
on test6 and test7 before realizing it was probably X's fault. =D

--
Josh Litherland (josh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)