Re: [2.6.0-test4,5,6] [APM] when do you expect to get APM workingagain?

From: Felipe Alfaro Solana
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 08:11:45 EST

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 13:59, Michael Schierl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm using an Acer Travelmate 210 TEV notebook. (Celeron 700).
>
> I don't use any acpi, swsuspend, suspend-to-disk, only apm. (ACPI did
> not work in test3, and since then I did not change anything on my
> config, always did just 'make oldconfig'.
>
> with kernels test1 to test3 i could say 'apm -s' to go to standby mode
> and the computer woke up properly afterwards (with 2.4.20 kernel it
> went down "properly" but crashed when it should wake up again).

It's working fine for me, but I still need to unload some modules before
trying to suspend. In my case, I must remove the CardBus/PCMCIA modules,
the sound drivers and UHCI-HCD for my system to suspend and then resume
properly.

I have created a shell script which, when used with the "apmd" daemon,
makes things work automagically. Thus, simply by closing the lid, the
system suspends automatically.