[2.6.0-test4,5,6] [APM] when do you expect to get APM working again?

From: Michael Schierl
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 07:01:25 EST

Hi,

i'm using an Acer Travelmate 210 TEV notebook. (Celeron 700).

I don't use any acpi, swsuspend, suspend-to-disk, only apm. (ACPI did
not work in test3, and since then I did not change anything on my
config, always did just 'make oldconfig'.

with kernels test1 to test3 i could say 'apm -s' to go to standby mode
and the computer woke up properly afterwards (with 2.4.20 kernel it
went down "properly" but crashed when it should wake up again).

Now, since test4 (up to test6) when i do an 'apm -s', i see messages
about the cdrom and the hd going down (i hear the hd going down as
well), but then neither the screen blanks nor the "Zzz" LED
(displaying that the notebook is in standby mode) goes on. I cannot do
anything then except pressing the power button long then - no way to
wake it up any more.

I read something about test4's power management totally f*cked up on
test4, so I did not "complain" then, but waited a bit first.

is that problem known? Should I try any patches?

TIA,

Michael
--
"New" PGP Key! User ID: Michael Schierl <schierlm@xxxxxx>
Key ID: 0x58B48CDD Size: 2048 Created: 26.03.2002