Sync problem with Ethernet-over-USB driver and Qtopia desktop

From: Hong Feng
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 06:34:28 EST

Hi All,

I met a very funny problem. I am writing the ethernet-over-usb driver for our PDA based on embedded Linux and QT/Qtopia. We use Qtopia desktop as the sync tools. Before our device launched the Qtopia-1.6.2. I can ping the device from my computer for a very long time. It looks that the connection is very stable. When Qtopia was launched, the connection will vanished in a short while, >3 seconds. How long the connection can last is not a constant value. When I used Qtopia desktop to do the synchronization, it will failed 95%.

Who knows the problem, please give me some comments. BTW, the kernel version is 2.4.18. QT's version is 2.3.6. Qtopia's version is 1.6.2.

Regards

Hong Feng