Re: CONFIG_I8042

From: Russell King
Date: Sun Sep 28 2003 - 13:47:46 EST

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 11:37:18AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Russell King wrote:
> > If we have an AT Keyboard, that does _NOT_ mean that we have an I8042.
>
> Well, it does require us to have at least SERIO. Also, we need to have
> some way to make sure that I8042 does get selected on a PC.
>
> Apart from that, it doesn't matter how it's solved..

It appears that "select" doesn't accept conditionals as the kconfig
language stands - jejb also ran into this issue, and tried various
ways around. The only solution which seems to work is to remove this
select line entirely.

Maybe RZ can comment further.

(Problem Summary: several architectures need to be able to select
KEYBOARD_ATKBD without automatically selecting I8042.)

--
Russell King (rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/
maintainer of: 2.6 PCMCIA - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/