RE: LInksys WMP11 (BCM4301 chip)

From: Andrew Miklas
Date: Sat Sep 27 2003 - 21:43:44 EST

Hi,

David Ford wrote:

> According to http://www.linuxworld.com/story/33804.htm, (Andrew Miklas),
> the BCM4301 is supported however I don't see any such critter in my
> source.

The link mentioned quotes me as saying that the BCM4300 series of wireless
chips has excellent support on the MIPS architecture, which indeed it does.
Unfortunately, what they don't mention is that the source for that driver was
not, and has not been released by Linksys or Broadcom. Also, the binary
driver is only available in the firmware of networking products, like the
WRT54G, using Broadcom wireless chips.

Hopefully, I'll have some more information to post here about that in the
coming few days.

-- Andrew