Re: Nforce2 ethernet

From: Ian Molton
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 03:09:40 EST

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:45:59 +0200
Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, I was suggesting it originaly, but now it's verified - it's not
> similar to the 8111e. It seems to be a nVidia design.

Heh. tell you what, though - scared me witless when the machine *wouldnt
not* boot afterwards (it didnt lock, I just rebooted and it never
posted... I had to remove power AND short the CMOS before it
recovered... most boards you only need to short the CMOS - silly
design this one ;-)

Shant be trying that again in a hurry.

The binary module seems pretty straightforward. I might see if I can use
it as an excuse to learn X86 assembler (shudder), but I have some other
projects to do first. perhaps if no-ones done it by then I'll have a go.

--
Spyros lair: http://www.mnementh.co.uk/ |||| Maintainer: arm26 linux

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and good with
ketchup.