Re: log-buf-len dynamic

From: Charles Cazabon
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 13:32:34 EST

Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 25 Sep 2003, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
>
> > And for the core kernel development this is true. There are subprojects
> > that are currently using BK that you can't even get the code without BK.

> That's actually a pretty good point.
[...]
> I don't know what the solution to it might be

Perhaps BitMover could release a client that can't do anything but keep a
local (unmodified) tree in sync with a public repository tree, so that the
"politically objectionable" (to some) parts of the BK license don't matter.

In an idea world, this read-only client could be released in source form, but
I'm under no illusions there :).

Charles