Re: 128G Limit in Reiserfs? Or the Kernel? Or something else?

From: Robert L. Harris
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 08:44:07 EST

I have about 2 filesystems currently at 600Gig.

Reiser has no inodes so I guarantee your out but it's irrelevant.
What does df -k actually show? You sure you don't have a process with
an open log file that's been removed?

Thus spake Dave Gilbert (Home) (gilbertd@xxxxxxxxxxx):

> Norris, Brent wrote:
> >I seem to have hit an odd limit, that I didn't think existed. I have a
> >250G
> >WD IDE hard drive that I have just installed. Since I couldn't put a Ext3
> >filesystem on it (mount wouldn't recognize it) I decided to put a ReiserFS
> >filesystem on it. Since I have done that I have added 128G of data to the
> >drive. Now when I attempt to copy more data to it I get an error that
> >there
> >is no more space on the drive.
>
> Reiser can definitly do larger file systems than that (I have a Reiser
> file system with over 300GB on).
>
> Its worth trying a df -i to make sure you haven't run out of inodes -
> but then you say you can create empty files.
>
> Dave
>
> -

:wq!
Robert L. Harris | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
@ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:
These are MY OPINIONS ALONE. I speak for no-one else.

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.