Re: 128G Limit in Reiserfs? Or the Kernel? Or something else?

From: Dave Gilbert (Home)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 08:24:53 EST

Norris, Brent wrote:
I seem to have hit an odd limit, that I didn't think existed. I have a 250G
WD IDE hard drive that I have just installed. Since I couldn't put a Ext3
filesystem on it (mount wouldn't recognize it) I decided to put a ReiserFS
filesystem on it. Since I have done that I have added 128G of data to the
drive. Now when I attempt to copy more data to it I get an error that there
is no more space on the drive.

Reiser can definitly do larger file systems than that (I have a Reiser file system with over 300GB on).

Its worth trying a df -i to make sure you haven't run out of inodes - but then you say you can create empty files.

Dave