Re: log-buf-len dynamic

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 16:54:24 EST

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> if Marcelo would be using open source code to exports the patchsets in
> his tree, we could fix it to add the email address along the name in the
> checkin logs metadata, to avoid this sort of mistakes.

Andrea - please just shut up.

Until you can point to anything even _remotely_ as good as BitKeeper,
there's no point in just continually trying to start a flame-war.

I agree that Larry ends up being a jerk about it too, but I can well see
that he reacts negatively to your totally unproductive comments.

BK has the email in the meta-data already, and a lot of tools to extract
all the necessary data from mailboxes etc.

In other words, your argument is nonexistant, and your whole posting is
pointless - except as flame-bait. And yes, Larry likely _will_ eat your
bait, something I've berated him for in private emails several times.

So shut up or put up. Go off and write your own tool. In the meantime,
stop complaining about people who wrote _their_ tools and selected a
license that you wouldn't choose.

When you write some code of your own, you get to choose the license. And I
haven't seen you make CVS usable - I've only seen you bitch, moan, and
complain..

Linus