Re: [OT] Re: ATTACK TO MY SYSTEM

From: Wade
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 14:35:31 EST

Wakko Warner wrote:
First, apologies to all since this is technically offtopic, but there
does seem to be enough interest in this subject that I'll provide a
short answer here.

Hate to keep it going, but...

The problem with the W32.Swen.A@mm worm/virus became severe enough that
my home account on 56k dialup was almost unusable. I've been getting
hundreds of these large emails per day for the past several days, and
the problem seems to be getting worse, not better.

I'm running my own mailserver and it's hard not to accept it. I have
basically done checks in the from and to headers. If it appears as a virus,
i lockout the smtp sender. It's not permenant. When the virus stops, i
unblock every one.

Why not block mail with attachments which end in .pif or .exe? Who needs that?