Re: SiI3112: problemes with shared interrupt line?

From: Hugo Mills
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 15:01:31 EST

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 07:49:00PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> Just about every bug report I have about SI3112 now is on Nforce
> chipsets. At the moment however I don't know what the magic connection
> is.

I don't know if this comes under the heading of "SiI3112 bugs", but
Adaptec AAR-1210SA still doesn't work for me (and I've seen one other
identical report on LKML in the last fortnight).

Any attempt to access the drive (Seagate Barracuda V) causes this
to happen:

Sep 22 20:56:00 src@vlad kernel: hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x24
Sep 22 20:56:10 src@vlad kernel: hda: DMA interrupt recovery
Sep 22 20:56:10 src@vlad kernel: hda: lost interrupt

Data does eventually get to/from the drive, but so slowly as to be
unusable.

Hugo.

PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
--- In event of Last Trump, please form an orderly queue ---
and await judgement.