Re: 2.6.0test4 ACPI with nForce2 success

From: Alistair J Strachan
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 13:23:01 EST

On Monday 25 August 2003 19:00, Trever L. Adams wrote:
> I have been one of these people who have been having to boot with
> pci=noacpi to get up with much of my hardware initialized. My system is
> now working without it. It isn't getting shutoff on irq storms or
> anything.

Likewise, my EPoX 8RDA+ board is working 100% perfectly since the nforce2-apic
fixes were merged in -mm. No spurious interrupts, no weird ACPI glitches,
everything from power management to PCI IRQ routing is just fine.

I'm still not sure I understand the local apic lockups experienced by others,
but anybody considering the purchase of an nForce 2 board can probably put
their mind to rest.

> My only possible problem is this:
>
> 13:59:40 up 8 min, 3 users, load average: 0.86, 0.81, 0.36
> CPU0
> 0: 516847 XT-PIC timer

With the 1000Hz timer in linux 2.6, I'd guess your PC had been up for
516847/1000/60 = 8.61 minutes.. Oh, look!

> I am not sure how fast the irq's for the timer should be going up. So,
> that may be an issue.

Evidently not.

Cheers,
Alistair.