Re: nforce2 lockups

From: kenton . groombridge
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 21:16:59 EST

Thank you!!!

I had done this before but without the nolapic option. That appears to have been the solution. Ran a whole day without one lockup where before 10 minutes was rarely achieved.

I don't know if you knew I had a $20 reward for the fix, but it looks like you got it.

Going to run a few more days just to be sure, but send me your address and I will send you the $20 after stressing my system a bit more.

It looks like the nolapic kernel parameter was just recently introduced. I tried it in both the 2.4.22-rc2 kernel and the 2.6.0-test3 kernel with success in both.

Would still like apic to be completely fixed in the nforce2 chipsets, but I am just happy to have a working system again.

Thanks again,
Ken