Re: [2.4 PATCH] bugfix: ARP respond on all devices

From: Ben Greear
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 22:25:15 EST

Bill Davidsen wrote:

Okay, I'll show my ignorance and ask... the Documentation for arp_filter
says source routing must be used. Is there some flag I'm missing, or a way
to avoid having a rule per address, or is the 8 bit rule number larger in
2.6, or ??? Or is having a lot of IPs on one machine not an imaginable
case?

Last response I got was that one would have to hack the netlink api to get
a bigger index because the design (and rfc, unfortunately) describe the
field as only 8 bits. I never did hear a response to my comment that this
was inadequate in this age of vlans...

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>