RE: [patch] 2.4.x ACPI updates

From: Brown, Len
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 21:09:29 EST

The ISO_8859_1 acute accent, u with diaeresis, and registered sign, have been in Config.info since Feb 2002.

Andy's tools seem to have extended them to 16-bit characters during a merge. A "minor gaff"? Okay, I guess that's fair. He promises that he doesn't know how to type a latin capital A with a circumflex on his keyboard;-).

Moving on... Is the fix to restore the 8-bit characters, or use 7-bit characters?

Thanks,
-Len

ts/2.4/2.4.22-rc2-acpi1.patch.bz2

> The patch has some strange non-ascii chars there:
> - the first hunk changes a don't to a don't (an apostrophe to a non-ascii
> acute accent...)
> - A für to a für (I see the current fine on a terminal but not the second)
> - Some copyright symbols...
>
> See the 1st, 3rd and 4th hunks in the changes to Configure.help.

Bug Intel, not me.

I personally think they shouldn't be changing non-ACPI-related
Configure.help entries at all, and what you point out was one of the
minor ACPI gaffs I mentioned to Marcelo and Alan.

Jeff