Re: Centrino support

From: Rob Landley
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 21:09:29 EST

On Saturday 16 August 2003 11:12, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Gwe, 2003-08-15 at 21:35, Jan Rychter wrote:
> > Question time:
> >
> > 1. Will cpufreq make it into the standard 2.4 kernels?
>
> In time maybe - up to Marcelo.
>
> > 2. If not, will Alan incorporate swsusp into -ac kernels? (given that
> > -ac kernels seem to have cpufreq included)
>
> Not in its current form. To do the job well swsuspend needs the kernel
> device model.

I've tried it a few times on 2.6.0-test3 right after the system comes up and I
log in to text mode, and the sucker spits out exactly one line of text
(something like "Suspending processes:") and hangs with the cursor right
after the semicolon. After about a minute I hit ctrl-scroll lock, but
everything except the suspend thread (which was waiting in some kind of yield
for other threads to do something) scrolled off the top and I don't know how
to cursor up to see it (or get it to not scroll off).

I'd be happy to test someting better. APM suspend doesn't work on my new
thinkpad, so it's swsusp or nothing. Currently, it's "shutdown -h now",
which has some obvious deficiencies...

Rob