Re: 2.6.0-test3 oddities

From: Dominik Strasser
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 07:37:16 EST

Dominik Strasser wrote:
1. My network card is not detected. It is a 3Com 3C509B EtherLink III, which is correctly dtetcted by isapnp, but the card driver doesn't recognize it. I don't have any network device. This seems to have something to do with the ressources on my MB which is a Gigabyte 5-AA which is an AT sized ATX MB. USB is disabled in the BIOS, but if I enable USB in the kernel, a ressource conflict between the network card and USB is reported. I am attaching my .config + the bootlog output.
Following up myself:
modprobing 3c509 worked. I didn't remember that I changed this one, too.
I'll retry with USB enabled.
OK, done. It works. I am sure, that test2 didn't. The PnP changes in test3 seem to have cured this problem. The other issues persist, though.

Dominik