Re: 2.6.0-test2, sensors and sysfs

From: Flameeyes (daps_mls@libero.it)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 13:02:26 EST

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 19:17, Sergey Vlasov wrote:
> (Not sure if replying via news.gmane.org will work...)
>
> Currently (2.6.0-test2) i2c-viapro and via686a don't work together -
> you can use only one of them. This is because they want to work with
> the same PCI device - and having multiple drivers for one device is
> not allowed for obvious reasons.
>
> This issue is already known to the lm_sensors developers.
>
> So you will need to remove i2c-viapro for now (but leave i2c-isa);
> then you will see the via686a sensors again.

In this way, I can access all the data of the via686a sensors from the
sysfs without problems (yes, I need a compatible userland, but this
isn't a problem... i can wrote some myself).
I haven't found information about this problem in the post halloween or
in other 2.5 documents, I think is an important thing to know, via686a
chipsets are quite used, AFAIK.

--
Flameeyes <dgp85@users.sf.net>