Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: OHCI problems with suspend/resume

From: David Brownell (david-b@pacbell.net)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 08:30:55 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:
>>The "initiators" all talk to _both_ infrastructures, but they
>>don't talk to the driver model stuff in the same way. For
>>example, on suspend:

> Where does acpi call pm_*()? It seems like it does not and it seems
> like a bug to me.

Doesn't; it showed up in a 'grep' that I should have examined
more closely. Sorry! But both swsusp and APM have the "using
both registration schemes" issue (consistency matters here).

Why does it seem like a bug -- because it's using only the "new"
infrastructure, while there are still a few drivers that only
register to the old one? I'd rather see those drivers (about
a dozen) have compile time #ifdef CONFIG_PM #warnings, and call
them the bug...

- Dave