Re: CONFIG_EMBEDDED in vanilla

From: Francois Romieu (romieu@fr.zoreil.com)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2003 - 10:08:18 EST

Ihar Philips Filipau <filia@softhome.net> :
[...]
> And those patches were not mine.

Testing/submitting/improving/syncing needs some generous amount of
time. You can easily help the author (especially) when things don't
evolve.

[...]
> [ I was playing only with network code - and I was concerned with
> performance more, than with image size. And had no luck achiving
> something. ]

Try harder :o)

[...]
> I have grepped thru 2.6.0-test0 - but I can find only entries in
> defconfigs - but no mentions in .h/.c files.

KConfig ?

[...]
> And yes - this option doesn't work in 'make menuconfig'.

No kernel tree at hand to figure what "doesn't work" mean but:
ed .config<<EOD
/# CONFIG_EMBEDDED is not set
wq
EOD

make oldconfig

works like a charm here.

If something seems wrong with 'make menuconfig', feel free to submit
a detailled PR here or through bugzilla.kernel.org (as long as it
isn't a networking thing).

[...]
> and more than 500 additional CONFIG_* parameters comparing to vanilla.

Provided the vendor can afford an army of kernel hackers to maintain
it, it is fine.

No need to Cc: me, I am subscribed to l-k.

--
Ueimor