Re: make menuconfig

From: Voicu Liviu (pacman@mscc.huji.ac.il)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2003 - 04:27:01 EST

Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 11:48:47AM +0300, Voicu Liviu wrote:
>
>>Hi dear list,
>>I have heard that "make menuconfig" for kernel 2.6-beta1 is deprecated?
>>Am I correct? If yes then how do I get into the config?
>
> You are wrong - make menuconfig is still OK.
> Mak sure to read the document made by dave j. before playing too much
> with 2.6.
> It is at: www.codemonkey.org.uk - but I cannot get in contact with it
> right now.
> See instead:
> http://lwn.net/Articles/39901/
>

>>Alos tryied to run 'make menuconfig' from tcsh and got error like:
>>Missing }.
>
> Works for me. Could you provide exact error-message etc.

liviu@starshooter liviu $ su
Password:
liviu has logged on pts/0 from :0.0.
liviu has logged on pts/1 from :0.0.
liviu has logged on vc/1 from local.
liviu has logged on vc/2 from local.
starshooter /root# cd /usr/src/linux
starshooter src/linux# make menuconfig
Missing }.
starshooter src/linux#

Liviu

> Sam
> -

Voicu Liviu
Rothberg International School
Computation center, Mount Scopus
Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Tel: 972(2)-5881253
E-mail: pacman@mscc.huji.ac.il

System Operating: Linux Gentoo1.4 ( www.gentoo.org )

Click here to see my GPG signature: http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?template=netensearch%2Cnetennomatch%2Cnetenerror&search=pacman%40mscc.huji.ac.il&op=vindex&fingerprint=on&submit=Get+List