[kernel 2.6.0-test1: Fails to load anymodules

From: Manjunathan Padua Yellappan (manjunathan_py@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2003 - 02:22:21 EST

 Hi Folks,
   Thanks for all, for assisting me in solving the
 kernel booting problem.

  Now I am encountering another problem, after
 successful compilation/installation/booting of kernel
 2.6.0-test1 , the modules are not loading at all ,
 even after installing the latest version of
 "module-init-tools-0.9.13-pre" .

 Below given the error message that is display during
 booting time, when kernel checks for the hardware !

 "XT3 FS on hda9, internal journal
 Adding 538136k swap on /dev/hda10. Priority:-1
 extents:1
 kudzu: numerical sysctl 1 23 is obsolete.
 warning: process `update' used the obsolete bdflush
 system call
 Fix your initscripts?
 warning: process `update' used the obsolete bdflush
 system call
 Fix your initscripts?
 kudzu: numerical sysctl 1 23 is obsolete.
 module_upgrade: numerical sysctl 1 23 is obsolete.
 module_upgrade: numerical sysctl 1 49 is obsolete.
 module_upgrade: numerical sysctl 1 49 is obsolete.
 kudzu: numerical sysctl 1 23 is obsolete.
 updfstab: numerical sysctl 1 23 is obsolete.
 updfstab: numerical sysctl 1 49 is obsolete.
 updfstab: numerical sysctl 1 49 is obsolete.
 kudzu: numerical sysctl 1 23 is obsolete."

 Because of this, my sound card, D-link FM radio and
 other periperal don't work.

 Further when I execut the new lsmod command. Module
 list is displayed empty.

 I appreciate any asistance on this !

 Thanks,
 Manjunathan PY