Re: swsusp updates

From: Patrick Mochel (mochel@osdl.org)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 16:31:57 EST

> Okay, I killed few trivial hunks, will submit them through trivial
> patch monkey. Are you happy now, patrick?

Why do you insist on abusing the trivial patch monkey? Why can't you send
them directly to the maintainers? For instance, you add/remove printk()s
and comments that other people may or may not want in there.

But no, this doesn't make me happy because you insist on munging multiple
patches together that have little to do with each other, besides the fact
they touch the same file. Like I said in private email, it really helps to
track down a problem if each patch and subsequent changeset is as small
and localized as possible.

And, that's a real problem with swsusp. It's a huge mess right now. I'd
like to see it work well and reliably for 2.6, and have the source code be
in a state where people can look at it without running away screaming.
Convoluted updates are not going to help the situation.

        -pat