2.6.0-test1 devfs question

From: Wiktor Wodecki (wodecki@gmx.de)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 06:08:31 EST

Hello,

I'm currently running at 2.6.0-test1-mm2-O8 and I wanted to give devfs a
shot. I recompiled the kernel with the following settings:
CONFIG_DEVFS_FS=y
CONFIG_DEVFS_MOUNT=y
# CONFIG_DEVFS_DEBUG is not set

As I read through the documentation (btw, devfs=nomount is mentioned in
configure help but not in Documentation/filesystems/devfs/boot-options)
I got the understanding that this shouldn't make any difference to the
system right? After booting with this kernel there were lots of proper
devfs devices in my dmesg (host0/ide0... scsi0/...) however, the system
didn't came up (couldn't mount rootfs). It didn't even work when I
enabled CONFIG_DEVFS_MOUNT.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug in mount/nomount of devfs or if it's
somewhere my fault/setup (root on raid1, various lvm2 devices on raid1/0
devices)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Regards,