Re: Linux 2.4.22-pre8

From: Nuno Silva (nuno.silva@vgertech.com)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 22:15:39 EST

Hi Marcelo!

Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here goes -pre8. It contains network driver updates, IEEE1394 update, a
> POSIX compliance fix introduced by the execve() security fixes during
> early -pre, amongst others.

[..snip..]

Can you, please(!!), tell me if this release fixes all the known
security problems that compromise root? :)

There's a lot of information available and some people says that
everything is "good" in recent vanilla-preX. Others says it isn't.

Anyone brave enough to answer? :-)

Regards,
Nuno Silva