Re: Posting format

From: jw schultz (jw@pegasys.ws)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 21:59:31 EST

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 09:24:13AM +1000, CaT wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 11:47:32AM -0400, Robert L. Harris wrote:
[snip]
> > Using VI and Mutt, the cursor starts at the top not the bottom or
> > anywhere in the middle so there's and ease of use for CLI mail readers
> > as well instead of the GUI oriented.
>
> I use mutt and vim. This is a non-point. The spacebar works. With vi
> ndd works for quote removal (where n is the number of lines). For vim
> you have shift-v to begin your selection and just move the cursor down
> to where you want to cut. If the person you're replying to did their
> job then you doing yours is simplicity in itself. If they don't then
> it becomes more painful but it still is not difficult (or complex -
> just takes a wee bit longer).

And if the quoting is FRC compliant (as above) both vim and
mutt's built-in pager will render the quotes in a succession
of colors according to depth making them even easier to
discern. And if paragraph reformatting is needed due to
someone's misbehavior re long lines vim's autoindent will
preserve the quoting correctly.

	email address:		jw@pegasys.ws