Re: More ACPI funnies in 2.6.0test1

From: Trever L. Adams (tadams-lists@myrealbox.com)
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 10:33:13 EST

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 11:20, Sean Neakums wrote:
> "Trever L. Adams" <tadams-lists@myrealbox.com> writes:
>
> > 1) My disk seems to be more active, I hear it clicking much more
>
> Any chance this is due to increased logging activity to files that are
> marked synchronous (with a -) in syslog.conf?

At least in /etc/syslog.conf on my RH9/RH Rawhide system there is no a-
anywhere in the syslog.conf. Not only that, but I don't seem to have
much more logging going on, in fact maybe a bit less. Exceptions:
smartd (which seems to only log about once an hour, so this isn't it)
and a few places where char 188 and char 10_133, I think it is, are not
found (just fixed this, and this doesn't happen much either).

Trever

--
I love dogs, but I hate Chihuahuas. A Chihuahua isn't a dog. It's a rat
with a thyroid problem. -- Unknown