Re: linux-2.6.0-test1 freezes sometimes

From: J. Hidding (J.Hidding@student.rug.nl)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 09:48:04 EST

>Yes, me :(
>
>They seem to be totally random (no mozilla, here): I use
>KDE and they may occur while scrolling down a window, or
>while typing in a shell session or whatever.
>
>I couldn't find a way to reproduce it so far.
>
>Note that they did not happen up to kernel 2.5.75, and
>they show up with 2.6.0-t1 and 2.6.0-t1-mm1.
>
>No clues in syslog or kern.log, simply a sudden hard
>freeze, without particular HD or CPU activity before.
>
>Bye!
>
>--
>Stefano RIVOIR
>GTS Srl

I'm getting very frustated right now, as I seem to be
unable to find ANY kernel that doesn't freeze. (2.4.21
this time) I'm beginning to think there's something wrong
with my machine itself. How can I test my computer for any
malfunctioning hardware (memory for example, or
overheating)?

Johan Hidding