Re: linux-2.6.0-test1 freezes sometimes

From: Stefano Rivoir (s.rivoir@gts.it)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 07:33:01 EST

J. Hidding wrote:

> Hello,
>
> linux-2.6.0-test1 freezes quite often. I think it's
> related with running a verry nasty Mozilla 1.4, but it's
> only a hunch. Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

Yes, me :(

They seem to be totally random (no mozilla, here): I use KDE
and they may occur while scrolling down a window, or while
typing in a shell session or whatever.

I couldn't find a way to reproduce it so far.

Note that they did not happen up to kernel 2.5.75, and they
show up with 2.6.0-t1 and 2.6.0-t1-mm1.

No clues in syslog or kern.log, simply a sudden hard freeze,
without particular HD or CPU activity before.

Bye!

--
Stefano RIVOIR
GTS Srl