From __cpu_raise_softirq() to net_rx_action()

From: Joshua Stewart (joshua.stewart@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 16:11:37 EST

I'm still trying to follow a packet (or even better an sk_buff) from the
NIC card to user space. I think I have a good chunk of it figured out,
but I'm missing a bit from the time that the __netif_rx_schedule()
routine calls __cpu_raise_softirq() until the routine net_rx_action()
occurs. I read in a book on Linux TCP/IP implementation that the
softirq basically leads to a call to net_rx_action(), but I don't see
the connection yet. It's probably due to my lack of understanding of
IRQ's (and software IRQ's).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
        Josh