Re: Bugzilla bug tracking database for 2.5 now available.

From: Nicolas Mailhot (Nicolas.Mailhot@laPoste.net)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 17:44:32 EST

>On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 16:42, Paul Larson wrote:
>
>> That being said, I guess this should have been the first question:
>> Should bugs reported to bugme still be posted here (or elsewhere when
>> appropriate)? I would assume so, at least for a while.
>
>Yes!
>
>The bugzilla database is a great idea but it should remain a database
>i.e. a list. Discussion and the initial reporting of bugs should remain
>on the relevant lists _please_.

Please do not force users to report X times the same bug in different places.

This will only lead to lost information since people won't drag the whole
problem history each time. OTOH at least the initial stage of bug submissions
should be cc'd to the relevant lists, so that interested people can get on the
problems. This is what apache does (with big fat warnings to not reply to the
mail but fire bugzilla instead) and it seems to work well.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot@laPoste.net>