Re: [STATUS 2.5] October 30, 2002

From: $B5HF#1QL@(
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 10:55:35 EST

In article <3DBFB0D2.21734.21E3A6B@localhost> (at Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:13:38 -0500), "Guillaume Boissiere" <boissiere@adiglobal.com> says:

> o in 2.5.45 IPsec support (Alexey Kuznetsov, Dave Miller, USAGI team)

How is the status of IPsec for IPv6?

> o Beta Worldclass support for IPv6 (Alexey Kuznetsov, Dave Miller, Jun Murai, Yoshifuji
> Hideaki, USAGI team)

We've almost done.

One thing that I'll contribute before the feature freeze is:
  - Privacy Extensions for IPv6 addrconf

The remaining things which we DO want to see in 2.6 are:
  - check is "rmmod ipv6" is ok
  - IPv6 source address selection; which will be mandated by the
    node requirement.
  - IPsec for IPv6
  - make IPv6 non-experimental :-)
  - several enhancements on specification conformity
    (neighbour discovery etc.)

Thanks.

--
Hideaki YOSHIFUJI @ USAGI Project <yoshfuji@linux-ipv6.org>
GPG FP: 9022 65EB 1ECF 3AD1 0BDF  80D8 4807 F894 E062 0EEA