poll-related "scheduling while atomic", 2.5.44-mm6

From: Matt Reppert (arashi@arashi.yi.org)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 16:37:19 EST

Debug: sleeping function called from illegal context at mm/slab.c:1304
Call Trace:
 [<c0113f98>] __might_sleep+0x54/0x5c
 [<c012e342>] kmem_flagcheck+0x1e/0x50
 [<c012ec4b>] kmalloc+0x4b/0x114
 [<c014c2cd>] sys_poll+0x91/0x284
 [<c0106eb3>] syscall_call+0x7/0xb

This one comes from calling kmalloc with GFP_KERNEL in sys_poll.

bad: scheduling while atomic!
Call Trace:
 [<c0112ba1>] do_schedule+0x3d/0x2c8
 [<c011d14e>] add_timer+0x36/0x124
 [<c011ddb0>] schedule_timeout+0x84/0xa4
 [<c011dd20>] process_timeout+0x0/0xc
 [<c014c216>] do_poll+0xc2/0xe8
 [<c014c3ca>] sys_poll+0x18e/0x284
 [<c0106eb3>] syscall_call+0x7/0xb

Another little tidbit. I was in X11 while this was happening, and I
happened to stop a process (nautilus) just before I looked in my logs
about this ... and caught a "Notice: process nautilus exited with
preempt_count 2". So my guess is somewhere between -mm5 and -mm6 we
screwed up the atomicity count. (Funny I didn't see that for more
processes, though.)

Matt