Re: rootfs exposure in /proc/mounts

From: Michal Jaegermann (michal@harddata.com)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 18:27:55 EST

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 12:18:56PM +0100, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> And I also
> agree that mtab shouldn't be under /etc (this is the only file that needs to
> be written to). At least, it should be moved to /var/state or something like
> that, provided it's available early in the boot stage,

I was just looking at these things I found few more such files in
/etc. Like /etc/adjtime, /etc/mrtg/<something> and /etc/.aumixrc.
I consider all of these user-space bugs. There are also /etc/passwd
and /etc/shadow which will be written to if you are changing
passwords while not using something like NIS. This is, in a sense,
a harder case but one can live with that.

   Michal