Re: The end of embedded Linux?

From: Ian Molton (spyro@f2s.com)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 08:02:02 EST

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002 13:52:38 -0700 (PDT)
Gigi Duru <giduru@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Now thats some advice from a kernel hacker... You
> really don't seem to care too much about embedded, do
> you?

I do. I have to. Im porting the Linux kernel to the arm26 architecture
(repairing the long dead port by Russell King).

Even on these tiny, 15 year old machines, the kernel will EASILY fit
into their ROMs, with bags of room to spare.

The biggest machine EVER of this type has only 16 MB of RAM. most have
2-4MB. Some even have MFM harddiscs.