Re: The end of embedded Linux?

From: Oliver Xymoron (oxymoron@waste.org)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 17:23:06 EST

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 12:36:50PM -0700, Gigi Duru wrote:

> I know you guys are struggling to bring "world class
> VM & IO" to Linux, going for SMPs and other big toys,
> but you are about to lose what you already have: the
> embedded market.

It's still plenty small enough for many many embedded uses and most
people are more than happy with it. The reason that it's not even smaller
is no one has stepped forward to do the trimming. It's easy enough to
do, but we can only assume from the fact that no one's done so is that
it's really not that important.

If you think it's important, either make it happen or pay someone else
to make it happen.