Re: KDSETKEYCODE work with new input layer?

From: Skip Ford (skip.ford@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 13:11:53 EST

Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 01:41:27PM -0400, Skip Ford wrote:
> > Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

> > > That means it understands them. If it did not, showkey -s wouldn't work.
> > >
> > > Just update the keymap - you don't need to change the scancode table if
> > > the keys are working.
> >
> > How do I make use of these keycodes in a map file?
> >
> > 0 press
> > 1 release
> > 14 release
> >
> > 0 press
> > 1 release
> > 15 release
>
> 0,1,14 is keycode 142 (Sleep) and 0,1,15 is keycode 143 (WakeUp),
> encoded because medium raw mode cannot handle keycodes above 128. If
> loadkeys doesn't allow keycodes 142 and 143, well, I'll have to fix it.

You'll have to fix it. I tried those before I asked. Actually I tried
141 and 142 but I was close. loadkeys rejects anything >= NR_KEYS (128)

All of my keys are recognized so I don't need any setkeycodes
functionality at all. I can probably get loadkeys to load my map so I
should be ok now. I was making things a lot harder than they had to be.

--
Skip