Re: Funding GPL projects or funding the GPL?

From: Jon Portnoy (portnoy@tellink.net)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 15:29:22 EST

If you want to donate money to a project(s), I'm sure that a simple email
to the maintainer(s) of that project would get you an address to send such
a donation to. Myself, I feel that donation should be optional, besides
the obvious practical difficulties with something like this (e.g., the
task of keeping track of who has paid, not to mention the necessary
restrictions on downloading at various sites, not to mention the fact that
people will end up just getting source and posting it for everyone, not to
mention...)