Re: Looking for links: Why Linux Doesn't Page Kernel Memory?

From: Mike Castle (dalgoda@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 14:43:56 EST

In article <1027712005.14773.12.camel@irongate.swansea.linux.org.uk>,
Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
>On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 18:59, Russell Lewis wrote:
>> It pins the interrupt handler functions, and any data that they access,
>> but does not pin the other code.

>is huge (you have to pin down disk driver and I/O paths for example).

After these, how much is left to page out, really? Network drivers (unless
paging over the wire)? Video drivers (ok, might be nice to page out NVidia
:-)? Just about everything else can actually be removed using loadable
modules, correct?

mrc

--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda@ix.netcom.com      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/