Re: DAC960 Bitrot

From: Wakko Warner (wakko@animx.eu.org)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 11:19:53 EST

> Well not really, DAC960 is still using the default per-major queues. But
> switching to per-device queue would definitely be a Really Good Idea.
> The only changes I did to this driver where trivial conversions in the
> 2.5.1-pre days, in fact even before multi-page bio's existed. This,

I'd like to make a suggestion which actually doesn't pertain to the original
thread, but since this is being read, I thought it would be a good place.

Why not add a configure option to disable firmware checking? I have a few
cards here with firmware 2.x x < 73 and they work fine (disabled the check).