Re: 2.4.19-rc3-ac2 SMP

From: James Cleverdon (jamesclv@us.ibm.com)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 13:50:14 EST

On Tuesday 23 July 2002 05:11 am, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:
> > Around here the machine gets a vector 0x31 (timer) interrupt on CPU0 then
> > locks up since the destination cpu bitmask is 0, It also seems that the
> > code is trying to use logical apic id in places instead of the physical
> > apic id, i saw attempted deliveries to physical apic id 4 and 8, this can
> > possibly explain the APIC receive errors people were reporting?
>
> Correction, the logical/physical apic id problem doesn't appear to be
> there with the summit patch. What i'm currently seeing is a destination of
> 0 with a non flat/physical destination format.

Drat! I thought I had all the logical vs. physical stuff straightened out.

Could you give this patch a try? It dumps all kinds of APIC state info.
You'll need to put a call to apic_state_dump() into check_timer() just after
the TIMER: printk.

(Hmmm.... Must clean up this patch and submit it to kdb as two new commands,
one for I/O APICs and one for local APICs....)

--
James Cleverdon
IBM xSeries Linux Solutions