Compiling bug - broken compile

From: Ramit Bhalla (ramit.bhalla@wipro.com)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 06:00:28 EST

Hi,

I'm using the 2.4.7 Kernel.
I'm trying to make this work without any BIOS support so I configure the
kernel to use "Direct" PCI calls through the menuconfig scripts. I also turn
off PCI Hot Pluggable support.

The build will break during "make zImage" at the end during the link phase.
It says it cannot find the symbol pcibios_set_irq_routing and
pcibios_get_irq_routing_table.

If I configure PCI to use BIOS calls, it work fine.

I noticed the problem lies in the file arch/i386/kernel/i386_ksyms.c
In that file EXPORT_SYMBOL(pcibios_set_irq_routing) is placed under #ifdef
CONFIG_PCI. If I add another clause #ifdef CONFIG_PCI_BIOS (which I presume
from the Config.in file is the definition for PCI Bios calls instead of
Direct calls), then it works fine.

Regards,
Ramit Bhalla.

Wipro Technologies,