RE: [STATUS 2.5] July 10, 2002

From: Perches, Joe (joe.perches@spirentcom.com)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 12:46:28 EST

While I understand the possible value, are printk translations
really important enough to justify?

Do we really need to have the equivalent of:
        printk(tr("Context string %s: %d"),tr("some string"),value);
translate/lookups? Why? If so, is this facility supposed to be
run-time or compile-time?

Unfortunately, I missed the RAS BOF at OLS, so I don't know
what was discussed. Some of these were audio recorded.
Anyone know of the audio repository location? Can't find any of
the 2001 or 2002 sessions on the symposium website.