Re: [OKS] Module removal

From: jlnance@intrex.net
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 08:13:44 EST

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 08:04:14AM -0400, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> As I am led to understand from reading this thread, there is some
> known bug caused by module removal. Therefore the "solution" is to
> remove module removal capability.
>
> This is absurd. Next, somebody will remove network capability because
> there's some bug in it. Hello there........? Are there any carbon-
> based life-forms out there?

I may be misundersting things, but I dont think anyone is proposing
removing the module unloading capability. I think what people are
saying is that the bugs are hard to trigger and fixing them introduces
performance problems so its better to tell people not to unload modules.
I dont think anyone is proposing preventing you from ignoring this advise.

I dont know this for sure, so I would love someone to make a definitive
comment.

Thanks,

Jim