Re: Can't find watchdog timer (sc1200)

From: Christer Weinigel (wingel@acolyte.hack.org)
Date: Sun Jun 30 2002 - 07:14:10 EST

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy@karlsbakk.net> writes:
> On Sunday 30 June 2002 12:56, Christer Weinigel wrote:
> > I'm not all that sure if that driver works on the sc1200 because that
> > driver tries to talk to the watchdog in the SuperI/O chip and that
> > chip has another watchdog circuit too. I've written a driver for the
> > other watchdog chip, so if you can, please try this patch against a
> > 2.4.9-pre10 kernel:
>
> I guess that'll be 2.4.19-pre10? :-)

Correct, my bad.

I've been reading the data sheets for the SC2200 and it seems as if
the watchdog is gone from the integrated SuperI/O, so you should use
my driver instead. Zwane Mwaikambo's driver ought to work on the
NatSemi PC97317 SuperI/O. Hm, I think I have some hardware that I
should be able to test that on.

Oh well, I think I'll just submit my driver to Marcelo and see what
happens. I've cleaned up the driver a bit since the last time I
tried.

  /Christer