Problem : QLogic QLA104x PCI SCSI Adapter with HP CDWriter+ 9200

From: Dionysius Wilson Almeida (dwilson@yenveedu.com)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 13:03:05 EST

Hi Everyone,

I'm using QLogic QLA104x PCI SCSI Adapter with HP CDWriter+ 9200.
The QLogic BIOS version is 6.14, ISP Firmware 4.50.

During the bootup, I see :

scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 6, scsi0, channel 0, id 6, lun 0 0x12 00 00 00 ff 00

But eventually it recognizes the CD Writer and configures it.

I'm able to burn CD also without much difficulty although sometimes during
the fixating stage, it gives error.

The problem comes when I try to mount either the newly burnt CD or for
that matter any other CDs. I've also verified that the newly burnt CD works
by putting that CD in my laptop which runs the same kernel with same options
enabled like : SCSI support, SCSI CDROM support etc.

So far I've been unable to understand what is wrong and how to correct this
situation.

Just another piece of information : On the same system with Win98, Windows
shows every CD that i put in this drive as some CDDA image.

Please help me as I've been unable to get any meaningful help from HP support.
They say that it's an issue with my SCSI adapter.

I'm attaching the bootup message and also the message which gets written to
syslog when i try to mount any CD.

Thanks for your time and help,

-Wilson